One day to go!
The stream will start at 4 PM Pacific / 7 PM Eastern time on Thursday 3/14
- Sign up for reminders by texting "AMA" to 797979
- Start posting questions you want Sam to answer now: Visit the AMA topic
Guest: Sam Brinton
Sam Brinton (they/them/theirs) is the Head of Advocacy and Government Affairs here at The Trevor Project, where they lead efforts to protect LGBTQ youth through policy in Congress, the courtroom, and in state capitols from coast to coast!
Sam is a survivor of conversion therapy, and today - as a proud bisexual and gender fluid person - they are the architect behind the #50Bills50States initiative, which aims to end the practice throughout the US.
On March 18th, the next stage of that campaign begins in Colorado, an anti-conversion-therapy bill for that state will advance one step closer to becoming law and protecting the youth of that state.
Before that, on March 14th, Sam is coming here to answer your questions. Yes, we will chat with Sam on all the details just days before another state might make history by ending conversion therapy once and for all.
Sam is excited to participate in this AMA, and can answer any questions you might have about:
- How to advocate for yourself and tell your own story (even just in the classroom or to your friends and family)
- How to get involved with Trevor’s #50Bills50States campaign (the largest grassroots campaign of its kind in the world)
- Their experiences as an openly gender fluid adult (and how they help politicians use they-them pronouns)
- That one time the tux-to-gown they wore to the Oscars made headlines (seriously)
- And more!
Sam is an incredible person, and we’re happy to invite them as the first of many guests to do an AMA here on TrevorSpace. You don’t want to miss this conversation.